take a deep breath

After writing my version of the Jo'burg chronicle's - a chapter lasting almost six years - I have returned to the Mother City. [ ... meaningful pause]

I think the only way to truly appreciate where you are is to have some frame of reference - many many years ago my art lecturer (George - a short and bearded man that always seemed to wear a pair of blue garage overalls) at Rhodes University sat us down and shared this with us: To taste life one needs to develop tastes that are on both sides of the spectrum. Truly decadent and downright awful. The decadence would not be understood if decadence was all you ever had.

Granted - I'm still in the honeymoon phase of breathing in this city, and by NO MEANS do I want to create the impression that good 'ole energetic Jozi is 'downright awful' on the contrary BladeRunner City was fantastic - but man the air certainly seems sweeter when you're driving 10m from the Ocean. It's as simple as that for me.

Stay tuned for (hopefully) more regular postings this year. Perhaps the idea of 2 hours more daylight will provide the incentive to savour the setting sun and put some thoughts onto The Woodshed. And i do have some exciting news to share.

It's good to have you along for the ride.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great Post. All the best for the next chapter.

Now all you need do is update your location details in 'About Me'
CraniumJack said…
Thanks Rat. i've done just that ... and also on LinkedIn ... and um ... where else is my profile? ... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage!

Why "The Woodshed"?