Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?



My Amazon order arrived yesterday. This, on it's own, is a reason to celebrate. Does everybody share the same sense of excitment? Anticipation? Sheer childlike joy when the box finally arrives? It's almost like when you used to empty the entire box of cornflakes to find those amazing spoons that glow in the dark ...

But I digress.

The contents? Guy's latest book "The Art of the Start", 3 DvD's (one being 'How to get ahead in advertising' - oh the joy!), and the classic hardcover "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" by the infamous Dr. Seuss. The reason this is so special is because i have one already. You see, my folks gave me this in 1975 (and i can prove it - I scribbled my name on the inside cover in ballpoint, and put the year next to it). For the past year or so, storytime with the kids has been dominated by the Dr's wise and wonderful words. Even my 2 yr old yells "Daddy read Dyuif evyttr khhuy YOU ARE!" ... and we all run upstairs, pull the book out, jump under the covers and read away.

This spanking brand new hardcover will be dedicated to Jagger, Dune and Emma. And guess what. We will write their names in the cover and put the year next to it. One day each generation may, just may, have a copy.

Now. You don't have to tell ME how lucky I am. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

take a deep breath

Bon Voyage!

Why "The Woodshed"?